Campgrounds & RV Parks
Campgrounds in Ohio are regulated under the authority of Chapter 3729 of the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) and https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administrative-code/chapter-3701-26.
These rules were created to establish minimum standards, applicable throughout Ohio, for the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of these facilities in order to protect the public from injury, minimize the potential for disease transmission, and provide a safe and healthy recreational environment.
What is an RV/Campground?
Collectively, campgrounds include any:
- Recreation camp
- Recreational vehicle (RV) park
- Combined park-camp
- Temporary campground
Our inspectors will routinely inspect all RV/Campground (while open to the public) paying particular attention to grey/black water discharge, capacity limitations, sanitation, and the maintenance of the overall facility.
Environmental Health Division
92 E. Perry Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
(419) 447-3691 ext. 6321
- Campground Information (ODH Website)
- Resident Camp Information (ODH Website)
- Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 3701-26 Recreational Vehicle Parks, Combined Park Camps, and Temporary Park-Camps
- Ohio Revised Code Chapter 3729 Recreational Vehicle Parks, Combined Park Camps, and Temporary Park-Camps
- Campground Inspection Reports